Maple Pumpkin Flan
Viewing recipe for
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 cups boiling water
- Place 2 tablespoons syrup in each of 4 (6-ounce) custard cups.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, spice, and vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour pumpkin mixture into custard cups.
- Pour water into pot. Place roasting rack into pot. Place custard cups on rack (water should cover about 1/4 of the bottoms of the custard cups). Set OVEN to 350°F for 45 minutes. Cover and cook until custards are just set.
- Remove custard cups from pot. Let flans cool in cups on cooling rack 5 minutes. Cover custard cups and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, loosen edges of flans with a knife. Invert onto dessert plates.