Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon & Sage
Viewing recipe for
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled, chopped
- 4 strips uncooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set to STOVE TOP HIGH and preheat pot for 5 minutes. Heat oil in pot for 2 minutes. Add onions, bacon, and sage to pot. Cook uncovered 10 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir rice, salt, and pepper into pot. Cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring often
- Stir in broth. Cook 10 minutes.
- Stir squash into pot. Set to STOVE TOP LOW. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until rice and squash are tender.
- Stir cheese into pot. Set to STOVE TOP HIGH. Cook uncovered 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and mixture is creamy, stirring occasionally.