Whole Roasted Sicilian Cauliflower
Viewing recipe for
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium head cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Place water and Cook & Crisp™ Basket in pot.
- With a knife, cut an X into the head of cauliflower, slicing about halfway down. Place cauliflower into the basket.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to LOW. Set time to 3 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, garlic, capers, and crushed red pepper.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Spread the oil mixture evenly over the cauliflower, placing some of it into the center of the cauliflower. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the cauliflower.
- Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, transfer cauliflower to a serving platter using a large spatula. Garnish with fresh parsley.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Since capers are briny, be sure to taste the cauliflower before adding salt to this dish.