Crispy Chicken Thighs with Carrots & Rice Pilaf
Viewing recipe for
- 1 box (6 ounces) rice pilaf
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut in half, lengthwise
- 4 uncooked boneless skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons poultry spice
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Place rice pilaf, water, and butter into pot; stir to incorporate.
- Place reversible rack in the pot, making sure rack is in the higher position. Place carrots in center of rack. Arrange chicken thighs, skin side up, around the carrots. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 4 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- While chicken and rice are cooking, stir together warm honey, smoked paprika, cumin, and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Brush carrots with seasoned honey. Brush chicken with olive oil, then season evenly with poultry spice and remaining salt.
- Close crisping lid. Select BROIL and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, serve chicken with carrots and rice.