Grains, Greens & Tofu Bowl
Viewing recipe for
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons mirin, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 block (14 ounces) super-firm tofu, drained, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup farro, rinsed
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 bunch kale or collard greens, sliced
- Shredded carrots
- Pickled garden vegetables
- Avocado, sliced
- Thai peanut dressing
- Steamed edamame
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon mirin, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, fish sauce, and garlic powder.
- Add tofu and coat in the marinade. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Place farro, wild rice, stock or water, kale, remaining soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil to the pot. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Place reversible rack inside pot over the rice, making sure rack is in the higher position. Cover rack with aluminum foil, then place tofu on rack.
- Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 325°F, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Halfway through cooking, flip the tofu.
- When cooking is complete, add tofu to the grains and greens and serve with your favorite toppings.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
TIP You can swap out the tofu for a 3/4-pound chicken breast cut in 1/2-inch cubes.