Beef Chili & Cornbread Casserole
Viewing recipe for
- 2 pounds uncooked ground beef
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 large white onion, peeled, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced, seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Cheddar Corn Bread batter, uncooked (see recipe page 61)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, for serving
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Place beef, beans, tomatoes, and stock into the pot, breaking apart meat. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD. Select START/STOP. Add onion, green bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, garlic, and spices; stir to incorporate. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dollop corn bread batter evenly over the top of the chili.
- Close crisping lid. Select BAKE/ROAST, set temperature to 360°F, and set time to 26 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- After 15 minutes, open lid and insert a wooden toothpick into the center of the corn bread. If toothpick comes out clean, skip to step 7. If corn bread is not done, close lid to resume cooking for another 8 minutes.
- When corn bread is done, sprinkle it with cheese and close lid to resume cooking for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- When cooking is complete, top with sour cream and serve.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
You can use the extra corn bread batter to make muffins. Cook 6 muffins at 350°F for 25–30 minutes.