Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
Viewing recipe forModel #: OP302
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut in half, sliced in half-moon shapes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) San Marzano tomato puree
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 pepperoni sausage (about 8 inches), cut in small pieces
- 1 box (16 ounces) dry rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) thin-sliced pepperoni
PRESSURE RELEASE: NATURAL 10 MINUTES
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, place onion and olive oil into the pot. Cook for 2 minutes, then add salt, oregano, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly browned and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except mozzarella and pepperoni slices, to pot. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 6 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Stir the sauce with a wooden spoon, crushing tomatoes in the process.
- Cover pasta mixture evenly with 3 cups shredded mozzarella. Lay pepperoni slices across mozzarella. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over pepperoni slices.
- Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 400°F, and set time to 5 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin
- When cooking is complete, serve immediately.