Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce
Viewing recipe for
- 2 large zucchini, cut in sticks 3-inches long and 1/4-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Place the zucchini sticks onto a plate and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- Place flour into a bowl. Place beaten eggs in another bowl. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, and onion powder in a third bowl.
- First, dredge fries in the flour, then shake off any excess and coat in the egg. Then coat in bread crumb mixture and return to a clean plate. Repeat with remaining zucchini. Cover plate with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once coating has hardened, place the Cook & Crisp™ Basket in the pot. Close crisping lid. Preheat the unit by selecting AIR CRISP, setting the temperature to 360°F, and setting the time to 5 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin.
- After 5 minutes, open lid and add zucchini fries to basket. Close lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 360°F, and set time to 24 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin.
- After 12 minutes, open lid, then lift basket and shake zucchini fries or toss them with silicone-tipped tongs. Lower basket back into pot and close lid to resume cooking.
- After 20 minutes, check fries for desired doneness. Cook for up to 5 more minutes for crispier results. When cooking is complete, serve fries immediately with marinara sauce.