Viewing recipe for
- 2 sheets puff pastry (one 17.25 ounce box), room temperature
- 1 package (6 ounces) ground breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 equal-sized rectangles; set aside.
- Remove crisper plate from basket. Place crumbled sausage in basket. Insert basket in unit.
- Select ROAST, set temperature to 375°F, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/PAUSE to begin. Check sausage every 2 or 3 minutes, breaking apart larger pieces with a wooden spoon.
- After 10 minutes, select START/PAUSE to pause cooking. Remove basket from unit and pour eggs into basket. Stir to evenly incorporate with the sausage. Reinsert basket and select START/PAUSE to resume cooking. Allow eggsto cook for the remaining 5 minutes, then transfer sausage and egg mixture to a plate to cool slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide sausage and egg mixture evenly between 4 rectangles of puff pastry. Top each with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Place another piece of puff pastry on top of each, crimping pastry sheets together with a fork. Brush each assembled pocket gently with canola oil.
- Insert crisper plate in basket and place one pocket on the crisper plate. Insert basket in unit. Select AIR FRY, set temperature to 400°F, and set time to 6 minutes. Select START/PAUSE to begin.
- Cooking is complete when pastry has risen and the top is golden brown.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with remaining pockets.