Spice-Rubbed Chicken Breasts with Chimichurri
Viewing recipe for
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 uncooked bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (3/4–1 1/4 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, peeled, cut in quarters
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together all dried spices.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry. Coat with canola oil, then season them liberally on all sides with spice mixture.
- Insert crisper plate in basket and basket in unit. Preheat the unit by selecting AIR FRY, setting the temperature to 300°F, and setting the time to 3 minutes. Select START/PAUSE to begin.
- After 3 minutes, add chicken to the basket. Select AIR FRY, set temperature to 300°F, and set time to 35 minutes. Select START/PAUSE to begin.
- While chicken is cooking, combine the chimichurri ingredients in a food processorand process until finely minced, being careful not to over-process.
- Cooking is complete when internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove basket and let chicken cool for 5 minutes, then serve with a generous amount of chimichurri.