Viewing recipe for
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
BLADE: HIGH-SPEED BLADE
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place carrots and garlic in a bowl and toss with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 20 minutes.
- Place the High-Speed Blade into the Jar, then add all ingredients in the order listed.
- Pulse 6 to 10 times, then run continuously for 60 seconds, or until ingredients are well combined.
- Serve hummus with Pita Bread.
DO NOT BLEND HOT INGREDIENTS.