Chicken Katsu Curry
Viewing recipe for
- 1 pound uncooked chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3–4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 white potatoes, peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 package (1.75 ounces) curry sauce mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, egg, and bread crumbs in individual shallow bowls. Working with one cutlet at a time, coat with flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs.
- After 5 minutes, add oil to the pot. Place breaded cutlets into pot and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer cutlets to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Wipe out any oil remaining in pot.
- Add rice and water to pot. Place the reversible rack in pot, making sure rack is in the lower position. Add remaining ingredients to the Ninja multi-purpose pan* (or an 8-inch baking pan). Place pan on rack.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 4 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release any remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Stir vegetables until curry sauce dissolves and thickens (it will thicken as you stir it). Then remove pan and rack from pot. Fluff rice with a fork. Serve chicken with rice and curried vegetables.
*The Ninja multi-purpose pan is sold separately on ninjaaccessories.com.