Viewing recipe for
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 links (24 ounces) andouille sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 onions, peeled, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped, seeds removed
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cloves, garlic, peeled, minced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
PRESSURE RELEASE: NATURAL 5 MINUTES
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in pot. Select SEAR/SAUTÉ, set temperature to MD:HI, and select START/STOP to begin. Heat oil until shimmering. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a paper towel–lined plate, leaving fat in pot.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and celery to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, 2 teaspoons chili powder, thyme, and smoked paprika, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and stir until it’s well coated in oil. Select START/STOP to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, and 2 teaspoons salt. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 2 minutes, and select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 5 minutes.
- While pressure is releasing, toss shrimp with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining teaspoon chili powder, remaining teaspoon salt, and ground black pepper.
- After 5 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure. Stir in cooked sausage.
- Nestle the shrimp into the rice with tails up, arranging in concentric circles working from the outside to the center. Close crisping lid. Select ROAST, set temperature to 375°F, and set time to 7 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Cooking is complete when shrimp are fully cooked. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.