General Tso's Chicken
Viewing recipe for
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 uncooked chicken cutlets (4 ounces each), thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup prepared General Tso's sauce
- Scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
PRESSURE COOK: 2 MINUTES
AIR CRISP: 18 MINUTES
- Place 1 cup water, vinegar, and white rice in the pot.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 2 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- While rice is cooking, place flour in a shallow bowl. Place eggs in another bowl. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Working with one chicken cutlet at a time, toss chicken in flour. Tap off excess, then coat chicken in egg wash. Transfer chicken to bread crumbs, tossing well to evenly coat. Set aside and repeat with remaining two pieces of chicken.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Place reversible rack in pot over the rice, making sure the rack is in the higher position. Place the breaded chicken on the rack and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 375°F, and set time to 18 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin.
- After 8 minutes, open lid and flip chicken cutlets with silicone-tipped tongs. Spray liberally with cooking spray, then close lid to resume cooking.
- After 7 more minutes, open lid and spread General Tso's sauce evenly over the chicken. Close lid to continue cooking for the remaining 3 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, remove chicken from rack and cut it in 1/2-strips. Remove reversible rack from pot, then pour remaining 1/4 cup water into rice. Stir to combine.
- Top rice with chicken strips, garnish with scallions, if desired, and serve.