Viewing recipe for
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, sliced in 1/2-inch thick fries
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water, combined
- 2 cups cheese curds or diced fresh mozzarella
- Place fries and water in a large bowl and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Place the Cook & Crisp™ Basket in the pot. Close crisping lid. Preheat the unit by selecting AIR CRISP, setting the temperature to 390°F, and setting the time to 5 minutes.
- While unit is preheating, drain fries thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Toss with oil.
- After 5 minutes, open the crisping lid and add fries to the basket. Close lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 30 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Every 10 minutes, open lid, then lift basket and shake fries. Lower basket back into pot and close lid to resume cooking.
- When cooking is complete, remove basket from pot and set aside.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MEDIUM-HIGH. Select START/STOP to begin. Allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, melt butter in pot, then add flour, stirring continuously for 5 minutes until the mixture turns golden brown. Slowly add beef and chicken stock, whisking quickly until smooth. Add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce temperature to MEDIUM, and cook for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Stir in cornstarch mixture and simmer until sauce thickens.
- When cooking is complete, place fries on a serving platter, then sprinkle with cheese and gravy. Serve immediately.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Save time by using store-bought jarred gravy.