Viewing recipe for
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked ground beef (80% lean), divided
- Kosher salt, as desired
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 burger buns
- Condiments, as desired
- Install grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL, set temperature to HIGH, and set time to 8 minutes for medium-cooked burgers. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While unit is preheating, divide ground beef into 4 portions and hand-form each into a loosely formed 4-inch patty. Use your thumb to make a 1/2-inch indent in the center of each patty (this will help the burgers keep their shape uniform during cooking). Season patties with salt and pepper, as desired.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place patties on the grill grate, gently pressing them down to maximize grill marks.
- After 6 minutes, place a slice of cheese on each patty. Close hood to continue cooking for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, remove cheeseburgers from grill grate. Place the buns on the grill grate. Close hood and cook for the remaining 1 minute.
- When cooking is complete, serve cheeseburgers on the toasted buns with the condiments of your choice.