Frozen Barbecue Chicken Breasts
Viewing recipe for
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Kosher salt, as desired
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Insert grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL, set temperature to MEDIUM, and set time to 25 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While unit is preheating, evenly brush each chicken breast with 1/2 tablespoon canola oil. Then season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place chicken breasts on grill grate. Close hood and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, flip chicken. Close hood to continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, liberally baste chicken with barbecue sauce, then flip over and liberally baste the other side. Close hood to continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, repeat step 5. Close hood and cook for 2 more minutes.
- If necessary, baste chicken again and cook up to 3 more minutes until centermost point of chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- When cooking is complete, remove chicken from unit and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.