Grilled NY Strip Steak with Asparagus
Viewing recipe for
- 2 uncooked New York strip steaks (14–16 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Kosher salt, as desired
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Brush each steak on all sides with 1/2 tablespoon canola oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss asparagus with remaining canola oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Insert grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL, set temperature to HIGH, and set time to 12 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place steaks on grill grate, gently pressing them down to maximize grill marks. Close hood and cook for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, flip steaks. Close hood and continue cooking for 4 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 125°F.
- Remove steaks from grill and let rest 5 minutes; they will continue to cook to a food-safe temperature while resting. Use a cooking thermometer to ensure a food-safe temperature has been achieved.
- While steaks are resting, place asparagus on grill grate. Close hood and cook for 4 minutes.
- When cooking and resting are complete, slice steaks and serve with asparagus.