Air-Crisped Sweet Potato Wedges
Viewing recipe for
- 2 sweet potatoes or yams (approx. 1 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Rinse and scrub sweet potatoes or yams well in cold water, then pat extremely dry. Cut each in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 or 5 wedges.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients, then toss potato wedges to coat.
- Insert crisper basket in unit. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 24 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, spread wedges out evenly in basket, then close hood and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, toss or stir wedges with rubber-tipped tongs. Close hood to resume cooking for 10 more minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check wedges for doneness. If desired, cook up to 4 more minutes until wedges achieve your desired level of crispiness.
- When cooking is complete, toss wedges with additional honey and paprika, if desired, and serve with dipping sauce of choice.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Brighten up the flavor of these wedges by serving with a lemony Greek yogurt dipping sauce.