Bacon-Wrapped Tenderloin Filets
Viewing recipe for
- 8 strips uncooked bacon
- 4 center-cut beef tenderloin filets (8 ounces each)
- Toothpicks, as necessary
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Kosher salt, as desired
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- Wrap 2 strips of bacon around the entire outside of each filet. Use toothpicks to secure bacon in place.
- Rub all sides of wrapped filets with canola oil (using 1/2 tablespoon oil per filet), then season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Install grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL, set temperature to HIGH, and set time to 12 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place filets on the grill grate. Gently press them down to maximize grill marks, then close the hood and cook for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, flip filets. Close lid to continue cooking for 6 minutes or until the filets’ internal temperature reads 130°F on a food thermometer. Remove filets from unit. They will continue to cook to a food-safe temperature while they’re resting.
- Allow filets to rest for 10 minutes before serving—this will allow the juices to redistribute evenly through the filets.