Product support & information
Ninja™ Specialty Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe
CM401, CM400, CM400C, CM401A, CM401C
- Select the Full Carafe size and set the empty carafe beneath the brew basket.
- Use a descaling solution specifically formulated for coffee-maker cleaning and follow the directions on the package. Fill the water reservoir up to, but not exceeding, the Max Fill line (50 oz.). OR Fill the water reservoir to the Travel Mug line (16 oz.) with white vinegar, then fill the rest of the reservoir with water up to, but not exceeding, the Max Fill line. IMPORTANT: Use only white vinegar.
- Once the water reservoir is filled with the cleaning solution and water mixture, press the CLEAN button. IMPORTANT: If you cancel the clean cycle, your machine will not be properly descaled.
- The clock will display and count down the remaining clean cycle time. It takes approximately 60 minutes to complete a full cycle. Your unit will deliver a small amount of cleaning solution to distribute through the system. It will then pause, deliver additional cleaning solution, and continue for 60 minutes. The extended pauses allow for maximum cleaning and descaling. IMPORTANT: DO NOT remove the carafe at any time during the clean cycle.
- Upon completion, the brewer will beep, the clock will display "End," and the CLEAN light will turn off.
- Empty and thoroughly clean the carafe and water reservoir with warm, soapy water to remove any cleaning solution that could affect the flavor of your coffee.
- Fill the reservoir with fresh water up to, but not exceeding, the Max Fill line and set the empty carafe beneath the brew basket.
- Flush the system by running a Full Carafe, Classic brew cycle with water only. After the cycle is complete, discard the water and thoroughly clean the carafe.
NOTE: To cancel the clean cycle, press the Power button or CLEAN button once. The unit will beep and stop brewing through the cleaning mixture. Continue to follow the instructions starting at Step 6.
Clean the frother whisk after each use. Hand-wash or place on the top rack of the dishwasher.
Hand-wash the carafe and brew-through lid. Use a bottle brush or a cloth to wash the inside of the carafe. DO NOT use a wire brush. The thermal carafe is NOT dishwasher safe.
Wipe down the main unit, showerhead, and water reservoir shelf with a damp, soft cloth. DO NOT immerse the brewer in water.
NOTE: The thermal carafe is NOT dishwasher safe.
Fill the water reservoir up to, but not exceeding, the Max Fill line. Place the empty filter holder in the brew basket, and an empty vessel under the brew basket. Press and hold both CLASSIC and OVER ICE until clock displays CAL. A calibration cycle will begin. When complete, the unit will beep and "End" will appear on the clock display. Discard the water in the vessel.
NOTE: Pressing the CLASSIC, OVER ICE, or Power button will cancel the calibration cycle.
Before first use, prime the system by running two Full Carafe, Classic brew cycles with water only. After each cycle is complete, discard the water.